Monday, August 10, 2009

In the Beginning..


Let's start this with a little intro. Born and raised in California (lucky me), I am about to turn 45 and I currently reside in Orange County. A really nice, quiet, understated town in the OC. We don't live in a mini mansion or one of those prestigious communities that you are always hearing about in the media. We don't live behind a gate and I don't think there is one pair of plastic breasts anywhere on our street. I know you might be shocked and even disbelieving, but it's true! I have 2 kids, my daughter is 13 and "hell on wheels" and my son is 10 with a heart as big as California.

As with many Californians , my husband I are both currently unemployed, teetering on the brink of financial disaster. OK, relax, this is not going to some huge sob story about how my life sucks, because it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, it's hard, I mean really, really hard!!!! And there are lots of reasons for that which will be revealed as we move this dialog along.

We (my husband and I) like to look at things in a way that's best for us to manage the "Mountain of Mayhem" that is our life. If we can get through today alive, healthy, productive and relatively unscathed, then it's a good day! We don't worry about next week or next year, or how we are going to pay for college, or the mortgage for that matter. After 15 years of marriage and managing our way through each and every crisis, we have to come the realization that life doesn't follow a plan, even the one you might have made for next week, or tomorrow. We have 2 great kids, a bunch of crazy pets, a pretty solid relationship that has been through the ringer, a nice house (for now), some really great friends and our 2 dysfunctional, fascinating families.

The purpose of this blog is to share some stories with you that may hopefully dispel some myths about Latin people in your communities, health care lies, family life in the OC, work, struggle, survival and some really fun, crazy, heartbreaking stories along the way.

Until next time....

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment