Saturday, February 13, 2010

Got sidetracked....again.

I was doing pretty well there in November with the whole working out regimen, really getting back into it. That's when all the drama began and I got side tracked. We had to sell, move, settle and create a new plan for ourselves (which we are still working on). Oh, but I can get my head in the right place, really get focused if I start working out again. It always puts me in the right frame of mind. Oh, but where oh where are those damn workout shoe? "Honey, where are my workout shoes that were in the garage at the old house?" "I thought all those shoes were trash, so that's where they wound up!"

Please don't ask me to make sense of this man's logic because that is a futile task, after all, none of the soccer shoes that belong to him and his daughter had to make that perilous journey in those Waste Management containers, no, they made it safely to the new garage.

But, I digress, not a big deal, just go buy new ones, right? Right!

So after many days of watching it rain and rain and rain some more, I headed out to rid myself of the last excuse I could muster for being a lazy ass. I found the right shoes and was positive that I picked the right size, so why bother trying them on?

The next morning I put them on planning to run with my dog, but as soon as the last bow was tied, it was obvious that they were too big. Damnit, why do I always do stuff like this?

No worries, go out and get the right size. It was an easy task and I even found the right insole inserts that I use in all my athletic shoes.

The very next day, I feel a little tired but there is much shopping to do for it is Super Bowl weekend! Get the chips, dip, beer, snacks and all the fixings for that new pork pozole recipe I want to try. The whole family was in it together on this junk food excursion and as we walked up and down each aisle, I could no longer pretend my body aches and overall fatigue were an anomaly, I was getting sick! Really, I mean really? As I lay there in bed, looking across the room at the new Avias, looking at me with disdain, I felt defeated and they knew it! Oh God, I'm hallucinating, I must have a fever!

It only took a few days for me to realize that this was not a little bug so just to be sure I went to Urgent Care.

"Pneumonia!" said the doc. "And not to scare you or anything but Jim Henson, Bernie Mac and Brittany Murphy just died form it so be careful!" " Great", thanks doc! So he loaded me up on meds. It was all I could do just to walk downstairs and get a drink without feeling I had just ran a mile. The next day the weakness in my arms was so that I could not even play with my iTouch, which was really bothersome since I decided to obsess about dying like all those fallen celebrities. I needed to look up the facts on the celebrity deaths so I knew what was happening when my body decided to succumb to this sneaky little bastard that we call pneumonia. If a celebrity could die from pneumonia then I most assuredly, would die as well!

Never mind the fact that, there was more to their stories than was widely known but facts don't help when you are trying to obsess, they just get int he way and make you sane. Which is exactly what the second doctor told me on my follow up appointment. You'll be fine, just take your meds and rest and...come back in a week ...if you're not dead already! OK, He didn't really say that....but I know he wanted to...

I feel uneasy, as those shoes keep staring at me, just like that G&%#mn Geico stack of cash with the googly eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment